Gallery: Pawsitively perfect scenes from Westcott's second annual Halloween Dog Parade

A person in a pug onesie holds their pug.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Last year, Gus and his owner, Kristen Tryon, dressed up as each other. Gus has an instagram following of 1.1K on his page, @augustpug, and his brother Tuesday, @tuesdaythepug, has a following of 26.3K.

A dog stares at the sky wearing a pickleball costume.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

This dog is dressed as a pickleball player. The second annual Westcott Nation Halloween Dog Parade was hosted by the Westcott Neighborhood Association.

Two pugs in pumpkin costumes share a stroller.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

These are two of the three dogs which make up the “pug-kin patch,” Kristen Tryon said. Other dogs in cars that drove by stuck their head out the windows to bark.

A dog in costume walks past as a person records the moment on their phone.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

The parade, consisting of families and Syracuse residents, marches down Westcott Avenue during its final stretch. There were families who navigated surrounding streets in order to find and enjoy the parade.

Owners in costume walk their dogs down the street.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

The parade walks through neighborhood streets as it loops around Westcott neighborhoods. Residents came out on their porches and peered through their windows to observe the parade.

A dog in a Syracuse University sweatshirt gets petted.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Nabi's family decided to dress her as a Syracuse University student. She is a rescue from Texas and walked in the parade as a fairy last year. But she did not cooperate with her wings, her owner said.

A dog posses for a photo next to their owner's leg who has a tattoo of the dog.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

This pooch stayed perched by their owner as participants socialized after the parade. Some people matched with their dog's costumes, while others dressed up as their dogs.

Two dogs in costume walk down the street.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Dogs strut the Westcott neighborhood streets side-by-side. With these two furry friends, one was dressed for the weather in a sherpa coat and the other sported a hot dog costume.

A dog dressed as a bumblebee and a dog dressed as a hotdog greet each other.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

10-year-old Jackson is a bee at this year's parade, while last year he was a wonder bread truck. Throughout the event, dogs greeted each other with a sniff or a bark.

A band plays at the event.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Second Line Syracuse band performed their music at the front of the line throughout the parade, which scared some of the dogs. Members of the band included students and faculty at SU, like Nick Abelgore and Josh Dekaney.

Gifts and donuts are exchanged at the event.

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Free apple cider, apple cider doughnuts and dog treats are offered to anybody who wants them. The Westcott Neighborhood Association held a raffle for anybody who signed up to become a member, where prizes were gift bags.